What's new

What does this say?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Felinepeachy
  • Start date Start date
F

Felinepeachy

Guest
It's a lead seal for some kind of beer. Can anyone read the whole thing. My eyes are awful. I can only make out the word BEER. :tard:

Anyone know the age? I found it in my grandparents yard.
 

Attachments

  • new 020.webp
    new 020.webp
    43.8 KB · Views: 275
  • new 019.webp
    new 019.webp
    36 KB · Views: 278
I think the second pic says OAKLAND, can't make out the rest.
 
Upvote 0
I guess I don't understand the use of lead seals. Can someone explain this to me AND what would a beer company use them for? What the heck are these things really. :icon_scratch:

Draw me a picture. LOL

Oh and is it junque or do we keep em. ::)
 
Upvote 0
Felinepeachy said:
I guess I don't understand the use of lead seals. Can someone explain this to me AND what would a beer company use them for? What the heck are these things really. :icon_scratch:

Draw me a picture. LOL

Oh and is it junque or do we keep em. ::)

It would be used to seal a cloth bag of oats or malts or something of the like...
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom