What's new

What era are we looking at for this attachment style?

creskol

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
13,882
Reaction score
23,354
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
2
Primary Interest:
Other
My guess would be early 1900's??

Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • attachment.webp
    attachment.webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 147
I think so too but I'm not sure. Kuger would know I'll bet. Tennessee digger
 
Upvote 0
I've seen this exact style of closure (simple hinged pin; "C" clasp) on Victorian brooches and chatelaines.
 
Upvote 0
Circa 1890 - ?
 
Upvote 0
This type of jeweler's made pin was around on expensive jewelry for quite some time. It can be hard to date exactly because there were commercially made findings around before most jewelers stopped fabricating their own. Generally, the lack of locking ring on the "C" clasp usually makes it from well before the second world war.
 
Upvote 0
Yes, I would agree it is a Victorian era catch. What does the front look like? Neat find, Breezie
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom