what handles well in high iron content v3i or e trac

candig

Oct 8, 2007
North Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately I don't have either, yet! But this topic should be in general discussion.

FortBedfordbob

Dec 25, 2007
Bedford Pa
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, GPX 5000
I've used both. The E-Trac or and Explorer with an 8 inch coil is what you want. The Minelabs allow for a slower sweep and that's how they get in between the iron better.

Just my opinion ;D

HH
FBB

OP
OP
Scottso

Scottso

May 8, 2009
long island new york
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75se, Minelab Excalibur, Minelab etrac, Tesoro sand shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks what about the v3i

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelabs are good machines but here in the Red irony dirt of Virginia, Minelabs don't do very well. Twice a year I attend an invitational hunt in Culpeper called Diggin IN Virginia as well as go up often to dig with guest and friends and have had amply opportunity to see them in action, get reviews from others who use them, as well as have used them myself. If that's all you have, than you can manage it, but it does not perform as well as other VLF machines do in the irony soil here. That said, many VLF machines don't do well in the Irony soil, an exception to this is the Teknetics T-2 Limited (SE) and the Whites DFX does fairly well also. If you live in an area that is mostly irony soil, you may want to augment your collection of detectors with a Pulse machine like a Whites TDI or Garrett Infinium if you don't already own one. They handle the Red iron-laden soil much better than most VLF machines. Hope this helps.

tarpon192

Mar 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOW MANY DETECTORS DO YOU OWN? I DON'T HAVE TIME TO COUNT ALL YOU LISTED.

:coffee2:

MikE-Trac

Jan 4, 2011
e-trac does everything it needs to do. amazing machine. i spent a month deciding between the 2 and after deciding on the e-trac i don't have an ounce of regret; maybe an ounce of silver though ;p and some gold.. i am pretty sure both detectors can handle high iron content very well once you learn how to use them. e-trac is just known to be easier to learn.

i love the e-trac. i am confident it will find anything that is still detectable (with the right coil). stock coil is a+ but for trashy sites most seem to be using smaller coils. i do damn well handling iron using the stock coil

OP
OP
Scottso

Scottso

May 8, 2009
long island new york
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75se, Minelab Excalibur, Minelab etrac, Tesoro sand shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
lol i own a lot but for shop only thanks guys but i live on long island
so no red soil just dang nails :BangHead: :laughing7: