What's new

What I buy

Historyhound

Full Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
248
Reaction score
54
Golden Thread
0
Location
Schenectady New York
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
These were all bought for $10 each or less.
 

Attachments

  • 1960 pastel.webp
    1960 pastel.webp
    19 KB · Views: 992
  • C.D.Knox.webp
    C.D.Knox.webp
    43.6 KB · Views: 969
  • Old Oil.webp
    Old Oil.webp
    39.6 KB · Views: 984
  • Stamp Bird.webp
    Stamp Bird.webp
    37.7 KB · Views: 958
  • Welbourne oil.webp
    Welbourne oil.webp
    45.6 KB · Views: 960
Those are some very nice pieces of art! I especially like the sea port painting and the one with the bird looks unique and interesting. Do you mainly buy art to collect or to resell? I only started hitting the garage sales hard this past summer and have only bought a couple of pieces of art so far. The pieces I have bought aren't much and they pale in comparison to the ones you posted, nice finds you have made!
 
harker52 said:
Those are some very nice pieces of art! I especially like the sea port painting and the one with the bird looks unique and interesting. Do you mainly buy art to collect or to resell? I only started hitting the garage sales hard this past summer and have only bought a couple of pieces of art so far. The pieces I have bought aren't much and they pale in comparison to the ones you posted, nice finds you have made!

I collect this stuff. I will sell something if the price is right. I turned down $450.00 for the oil painting of the barn and an offer of $65 for the bird made from stamps. I paid $10 and $2 respectively. I'll keep collecting and dump it all off in about 20 years when I'm ready to retire.
 
That is a really nice collection. I especially like the bird, it looks very oriental to me. Isn't it nice to find what you collect instead of always finding what other's collect?
 
For some strange reason I really like the bird picture. Definitely a Keeper! :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom