Stamp Bird.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 928
  • Welbourne oil.JPG
    Welbourne oil.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 925

harker52

Greenie
Mar 30, 2008
Those are some very nice pieces of art! I especially like the sea port painting and the one with the bird looks unique and interesting. Do you mainly buy art to collect or to resell? I only started hitting the garage sales hard this past summer and have only bought a couple of pieces of art so far. The pieces I have bought aren't much and they pale in comparison to the ones you posted, nice finds you have made!

OP
OP
Historyhound

Historyhound

Nov 2, 2006
Schenectady New York
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
harker52 said:
Those are some very nice pieces of art! I especially like the sea port painting and the one with the bird looks unique and interesting. Do you mainly buy art to collect or to resell? I only started hitting the garage sales hard this past summer and have only bought a couple of pieces of art so far. The pieces I have bought aren't much and they pale in comparison to the ones you posted, nice finds you have made!

I collect this stuff. I will sell something if the price is right. I turned down $450.00 for the oil painting of the barn and an offer of $65 for the bird made from stamps. I paid $10 and $2 respectively. I'll keep collecting and dump it all off in about 20 years when I'm ready to retire.

E59

Feb 28, 2005
On the river bank
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is a really nice collection. I especially like the bird, it looks very oriental to me. Isn't it nice to find what you collect instead of always finding what other's collect?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread