What's new

what in the world is this?

postalgriff

Silver Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2008
Messages
2,801
Reaction score
1,093
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a buddy of mine asked me to post this thing he found the other day, and he does not have internet. I have no idea other than it is male and female....you can't tell from the pic but the male's unit is sticking straight up and fits nicely into the female when closed. strange one...any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • Craig\'s1.webp
    Craig\'s1.webp
    48 KB · Views: 502
  • Craig\'s2.webp
    Craig\'s2.webp
    46.6 KB · Views: 494
18th century erotica egg, made before playboy.LOL ::)
Broken Knee
 
Upvote 0
It looks like a Lead mold for a Phalic Medallion, cool find :thumbsup:

SS
 
Upvote 0
Silver Searcher said:
It looks like a Lead mold for a Phalic Medallion, cool find :thumbsup:

SS
Scratch that, I now see the figuers are a Man and a Woman and not the same :icon_scratch: no idea except it could be from the Georgian era, they were obssesed with Phalic items, as for the function :dontknow: still a cool find though 8)

SS
 
Upvote 0
Its an antique form of pornography. These items are collectible. Maybe you can imagine soldiers sitting around camp looking and laughing at this piece. I forget what these things are called. Nice find.
 
Upvote 0
WOW I had no idea of the age....It adds a little interest to it now!! Thanks for posting it GRIFF and have a good one!!
 
Upvote 0
First time I've ever asked for a "side view" but I think it would help.

I think it is a really neat find. I've never seen one or heard of one.

Daryl
 
Upvote 0
Nice snag. :thumbsup:

I agree with SS. Probably georgian or victorian. I've seen other items of this type posted. Maybe even into the early 1900's. I'll do some lookin on the net.

And my wife says my mind stays in the gutter. 8)
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom