What's new

What is better to look through

gtfan76

Full Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2010
Messages
143
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Should i go through handwrapped bankrolls for halves. or the machine wrapped ones?

thanks,

GTFAN76
 
Upvote 0
That is a question which will certainly generate much debate , because peoples experiences'
vary widely . My experiences tell me that i'm probably about 50/50 between boxes of halves
and "over the counter rolls " But i'll be quick to say that I don't keep accurate records of
this sort of breakdown . Argentium.
 
i would get handrolls if possible, otherwise stick to bankrolls. good luck, hope this helps.
 
It's simple..... Search everything you can get your hands on............


Mojo
 
These answers are my experience.

1. Halves -customer rolls by far,hands down
2. Dimes -50/50 between the two
3. Nickels - slight advantage to machined rolled
4. Pennies - slightly more wheats in customer , slightly more indian heads in machine rolled.
5. Quarters- i find more quarters in the tube leading to the reject slot then in customer or machine roll
 
I have found 245 40% silver halfs since I started this, I think it was in March? Anyways, I have searched 6 boxes and found a total of 14 halfs, the rest were handrolls. I bet I have searched $4000 in handrolls....So you pick which I'd go for.

Also have found 18 90% including 8 Franklins and 2 Walkers. In handrolls or teller trays.

Dimes....I have searched over $2000 in machine rolls and haven't found the first silver. Ususlly avg 1 in $60 in handrolls.
 
Dimes my experience is :

Handrolled 262 silver dimes (100 mecuries in that total)
machine rolled 90 silver dimes (6 mecuries and 1 dateless Barber)


Halves:
Handrolled 2 90% 4 40%
Machine rolled 3 90% 5 40% (14 boxes)

The 5 rolls of solid silver keeps going back to that branch.
These totals are since April 2010

I agree search as much as you can from any source.
Cheers!
 
You can be lucky with either. The luck of the draw.
 
Best- Bags off the counting machines if you can get them
2nd Best- Customer rolls and loose from banks
Last Place- Fed rolls
HH
Rich
 
All my big scores have come from customer wrapped rolls, but lately I have been finding more in the machine rolls. You really never know
 
I am with Mojo on this one and will say whatever you can get your hands on. No tellin where the silver will be. It is all about luck.

Golden silver
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom