What's new

What is history on these plates

Marino13

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2020
Messages
445
Reaction score
958
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone have any idea on these plates? Do they look silver? Only marking is a crest, gang forward script and Glentyan. I found an old racehorse named gang forward and an estate named Glentyan but am baffled. Are they valuable? Red coat? Thanks
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20251231_152054_DuckDuckGo.webp
    Screenshot_20251231_152054_DuckDuckGo.webp
    160.8 KB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot_20251231_151757_DuckDuckGo.webp
    Screenshot_20251231_151757_DuckDuckGo.webp
    191.5 KB · Views: 42
Interesting. I’m guessing pewter rather than silver, unless there are marks that say otherwise, but I have no idea of value (or age).

"Gang Forward" is the motto of the Scottish Clan Stirling, associated with the Glentyan estate in Renfrewshire, Scotland. It’s Scottish dialect for “Go Forward.”

The arms shown (without a crest) have a bend with three buckles, and weren’t granted to the clan in toto, but to an individual in the Stirling family of Cadder. Cadder is a district of the town of Bishopbriggs, East Dunbartonshire, Scotland about 5 miles north of Glasgow.

Stirling.webp


Happy New Year!
 
Interesting. I’m guessing pewter rather than silver, unless there are marks that say otherwise, but I have no idea of value (or age).

"Gang Forward" is the motto of the Scottish Clan Stirling, associated with the Glentyan estate in Renfrewshire, Scotland. It’s Scottish dialect for “Go Forward.”

The arms shown (without a crest) have a bend with three buckles, and weren’t granted to the clan in toto, but to an individual in the Stirling family of Cadder. Cadder is a district of the town of Bishopbriggs, East Dunbartonshire, Scotland about 5 miles north of Glasgow.

View attachment 2239274

Happy New Year!
You're the best! Thanks I did find that a fellow named Stirling had a race horse gang forward that was successful.

 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom