What's new

What is it? And is it REAL or FAKE?

jiggles66

Tenderfoot
Joined
Sep 10, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Belleville, IL.
Detector(s) used
Cabela's Adventure 5500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Image09102012044042.webpImage09102012044114.webpImage09102012044348.webpImage09102012044357.webpImage09102012044424.webpImage09102012044507.webp



I've only been at this for about a week and found this one solid peice of what looks like just a plain old grey rock. But when I melted it, it looks and feels like silver. What do you all think??
 
What you found is fake lead, possibly made of silver to fool people since lead is sooo expensive now.
 
Upvote 0
melted alluminum
 
Upvote 0
I agree with Kuger. Tennessee digger
 
Upvote 0
you're not going to melt alum with a propane torch, so lead.....

Yes, you can. I once bought that aluminum solder you see demostrated at flea markets and fairs by pretty young girls soldering holes in soda cans. I tried soldering two solid aluminum blocks together with a propane torch, I ended up with two puddles of molten aluminum. The stuff only works on soda cans.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom