What's new

what is it?

Piepstokloper

Full Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2009
Messages
170
Reaction score
59
Golden Thread
0
Location
Groningen
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola Modified and Tesoro Cibola Hollandia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this object sometime ago and I,m still wundering what it is.
Can somebody tell my something about it.
It,s made off Silver and it weichts 13,7 gr.
 

Attachments

  • what is it 001.webp
    what is it 001.webp
    21.9 KB · Views: 365
Looks like a broken handle to a pair of scissors.
 
Upvote 0
72cheyenne said:
Looks like a broken handle to a pair of scissors.
:icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
72cheyenne said:
Looks like a broken handle to a pair of scissors.

Well done! :hello2:

No later than c. 1750's IMHO. More likely to be late 1600's. :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
I guess you noticed the little bird with the crown like object on its head
 
Upvote 0
72cheyenne said:
Looks like a broken handle to a pair of scissors.
That was my first toucht also :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Don't you think it's a little to ornate for a scissor handle. I was thinking more on the lines of a handle off a teapot.


U.
 
Upvote 0
Unicorn said:
Don't you think it's a little to ornate for a scissor handle. I was thinking more on the lines of a handle off a teapot.


U.

Not at all, stick in 'ornate silver scissor handle' into google images.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom