What is it?

Oct 2, 2012
Detector(s) used
Cabella's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
001.jpg

:BangHead:

I know it's a cap from maybe a canteen.:metaldetector: Found it today metal detecting.:headbang:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because of the Cherubs, I would have to say that it is a snuff box lid from the late 1800's to 1940's from back when cocaine was legal, readily available and stored in nice containers. Granny had one. Could also be a compact lid but a snuff or snoose box seems more likely to me.

Upvote 0

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think Stefen and Taz are spot on; it's either a compact lid or a pill box lid, and with those 2 cherubs and basket, it's hard core Victorian. I don't want to burst your bubble about it being a canteen lid, but some of the good ole boys from years past would think the dude who had this as a canteen lid might be a little 'lite in the loafers!' *wink :laughing7: WELCOME to the forum, and I hope you have a sense of humor. :) Breezie

Upvote 0

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't ask why Breezie, haha, I thought you had changed your signature as my eyes were playing tricks on me.
"Every time I watch Gone With The Wind, I think we're gonna win this time!"
Out of the corner of my eye I caught it as - Every time I watch Al Gore blowing in the wind°°° I think we're gonna win this time :cat:

Upvote 0

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't ask why Breezie, haha, I thought you had changed your signature as my eyes were playing tricks on me.
"Every time I watch Gone With The Wind, I think we're gonna win this time!"
Out of the corner of my eye I caught it as - Every time I watch Al Gore blowing in the wind°°° I think we're gonna win this time :cat:

LOL, now that is toooooo funny! Mmm, I'm wondering if Al would have been Miss Scarlet's type? :) Breezie

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread