A hay hook, calvary bit, and what looks like a piece of old door hardware. A 3 digit # etched in it. Darker colored, heavy not certain what it is. Came from one of the old homesites on the place. Ninety five yr old neighbor says it was abandon when he was a kid.
If I'm looking at what you are talking about, (lower left corner of photo), it looks like an antique doorknob plate. The square shank would go through the top hole and the bottom opening was a keyhole?
Congrats on your finds.
If I'm looking at what you are talking about, (lower left corner of photo), it looks like an antique doorknob plate. The square shank would go through the top hole and the bottom opening was a keyhole?
Congrats on your finds.
Kinda what I figured. The thumb latch has been worked w/a file to look like a snake's head on one end and where the thumb piece flares..elephant ears. The Patrons of Husbandry had a school/hall on the place in the late 1800's and the Grangers were big on totems and spirituality.