What's new

What is it

jtw1313

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2013
Messages
3,728
Reaction score
2,099
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.............painting on glass I think this was taken of of something
 
In reading what it says, I know some mid eastern languages read from the right to the left, but if you could get a reverse image from a mirror would you be able to read what it might say? It kind of looks like Egyptian Gothic.
 
Upvote 0
.........

Here is a pic from a mirror
 
Upvote 0
It might by Cyrillic. Check out some information on the Eastern Orthodox Church. It's probably a likeness of a saint or a bishop, I'm guessing saint.
 
Upvote 0
I feel like I'm looking in the mirror can you say Saint with a capital AINT Cool find go gets some Chinese food and some answers!!!!! LOL
 
Upvote 0
twiddling fingers....?
???

The sign of the blessing - in the name of Jesus Christ. IC XC is an abbreviation for Jesus Christ in Greek (Greek Orthodox).

9f439634c819ba56e7468d608b8d46c4.webp
 
Upvote 0
Maybe this guy:

PRAYERGRAPHIC_JohnChrysostom-1.webp
 
Upvote 0
It's a picture of me when I was drafted in 1969. Joke. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
any time in art a person has a hallow they are considered to be a Saint
 
Upvote 0
any time in art a person has a hallow they are considered to be a Saint

My favorite Mel Brooks routine - from the movie "The History of the World: Part 1 - Mel as 'the waiter' at the Last Supper.

2eb.webp
 
Upvote 0
Took it of the wood

Didn't expect it to look like this
Strange
 
Upvote 0
Maybe it's a clue to the Oak Island mystery? :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
Luv that show lol
 
Upvote 0
not Ukrainian and not Russian, perhaps Serbian or Bulgarian. Painted in an Icon style, obviously orthodox...some of the letters seem to be written in an older style no longer formed in that way....the first pictures are the proper orientation.
 
Upvote 0
Thinking writing might be artist signature
But I'm not sure what the letters even are lol
 
Upvote 0
The writing is Cyrillic and I'm leaning towards the person being Saint Nicolas... JMO "D"
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom