What's new

What is it???

jtw1313

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2013
Messages
3,728
Reaction score
2,099
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have posted this before with no outcome so hoping someone can get a ID on this.....it is 100 % animal horn. Any guess to where it could be from
There is what seems to be a carved fox head being the main subject with some small fish and a turtle on the back. There is a hole at the top and a hole underneath in the mouth of the fox so holding anything wouldn’t work unless it was plugged by something at some point. Also two hole that goes through the nose. Any help is appreciated
 
Nice looking horn. Where did you get it from? It looks Native American to me but that’s only my uneducated observation.
 
Upvote 0
re-word

could be a powder flask, sound horn, used to smoke something in??
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was thinking Native American as well...... not sure how it would work as a sound horn.....looking at Inuit stuff seems to have a similar patina and is pretty old
 
Upvote 0
Very interesting piece! I can see what appears to be a turtle and a wolf. Both of these creatures are very significant to the Native Americans. Thanks for sharing it, I hope you find out more about it.

Steve
 
Upvote 0
I might be wrong but whatever its purpose, I think it's trying to look older than it is...
 
Upvote 0
I will let you know
 
Upvote 0
Here is another

Probably made to look old
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom