What's new

What is it?

yvonnettf

Tenderfoot
Joined
Dec 21, 2019
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I need help identifying my rock. I live in placerville ca and I found the rock in yard. I am no expert but the rock looks like it has a lot of gold in it.
 

Attachments

  • 20200201_055701.webp
    20200201_055701.webp
    357.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 20200201_055114.webp
    20200201_055114.webp
    666.1 KB · Views: 97
  • 20200201_055301.webp
    20200201_055301.webp
    969.3 KB · Views: 74
  • 20200201_055646.webp
    20200201_055646.webp
    252.7 KB · Views: 64
take a punch and hammer to the " gold " to see if it crumbles or mashes . gold will mash as it's soft and pyrite will crumble. the stone looks like quartz
 
Upvote 0
Looks like quartz to me as well try posting in the rock and gem forum also they will be all over it they are some smart folks Tommy
 
Upvote 0
​Welcome to tnet from MI Tommy
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom