What's new

What Is The Best Looking American Coin ?

Walking liberty is definatly a sexy coin.
 
Yes beautiful, but the Eagle sucks...doesn't even look like it's flying when it's suppose to be flying..It's just there and weak looking. UGH

Guess you would see it different if you owned several hundred!:laughing7:
 
As I mentioned..My favorite coin is the Mercury Dime , 2nd the Peace Dollar,but it has a weak looking Eagle.

There is no coin that as it ages, looks even more Beautiful and that is the Mercury Dime !
 

Attachments

  • Mercury Dimes.webp
    Mercury Dimes.webp
    102.9 KB · Views: 73
  • Peace Dollar.webp
    Peace Dollar.webp
    37.6 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Guess you would see it different if you owned several hundred!:laughing7:

LOL no...Yes I would love to own several hundred ..lol ...but the Eagle would still be blase..Hehehehe
 
It's all beautiful, except clad!
 
Indian Head Half Eagle
 
2.webp09-1.webpbbbbbbbbbbbb.webpI must be different.. Goldbrect dollar, Standing liberty, Flying eagle cent, 2 cent, Shield nickel, Peace......
 
Last edited:
The art on the early American coins are awesome, I'd have to say my fave is the peace dollar.

Being in Australia I don't have many US coins but here are a couple I do have.

image.webp

And this 1983 Dollar

image.webp
 
Yes
 

Attachments

  • image-4224746644.webp
    image-4224746644.webp
    25.8 KB · Views: 89
View attachment 998994I must be different.. Goldbrect dollar, Standing liberty, Flying eagle cent, 2 cent, Shield nickel, Peace......

The art on the early American coins are awesome, I'd have to say my fave is the peace dollar.

Being in Australia I don't have many US coins but here are a couple I do have.

View attachment 998990

Love the Peace Dollars..Peace and Mercury are the best artistic head coins . I have plenty Mercury Dimes ,but no Peace Dollar :(
 
Last edited:
heck...tatonka nickle....heads or tails?gotta love it...the morgan dollar eagle looks like a turkey to me.A classic is of course the indian head penny....art
 
My favorite that I have metal detected is the Walking Liberty Half Dollar, my second favorite detected coins is the Seated liberty coins of the 1800's. The coin I dont own, my 3rd favorite is the 5 dollar gold coin, the indian head dress looks awesome.
 
IF you ever get a chance to actually hold a St. Gaudens you will be mesmerized !!
 
I love a Mercury Dime. Always makes me smile to pull one from the ground. But then again, I never met a silver or gold coin that I didn't like. .............
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom