What's new

What is the best way to locate owner of a watch?

toyotaman3356

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2010
Messages
22
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cocoa Beach Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fisher Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Other
I found a nice watch in the ocean this morning at 1 AM in knee deep water. I know the owner values this watch more than I do.
I posted on Craigs List and emailed the head of the Lifeguards. Any other ways to reunite the watch with its owner?
 
Upvote 0
It's possible you might be able to contact an authorized dealer or manufacturer of the watch. I know my dad was given a Tag for retirement and had to get it fixed and they gave him a little grief and he had to take them a letter stated how he got it.

Just a shot but might be worth a try.
 
go person to person on beach and ask them "excuse me - do you have the time?"
when you get a guy that says "Sure - Hey! My watch is gone" thats probably the guy

no seriously you could make a small poster stating "Watch found here in water - call or email to identify for return"
if you dont want to give out your # - put on poster to see lifeguard and give the lifeguards there your #
 
Just mail it to me. I have a secret method of locating owners of high end watches.

Good recovery and good luck tracking down the owner in case you don't trust my secret method.
 
Best way to find the owner, is Ebay. Sell to the highest bidder. Without markings its impossible. HH an GL. -Joe
 
Most high end watches will have a serial # and the owner should have the paper work the watch came with . I'm sure a retailer of the watch brand will help you in finding the owner . I hope that if I ever lost mine someone would take the time to find me and return it . I hope you find the owner and let us know if it does get returned .
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom