What's new

"What is the deepest hole you ever dug while detecting, what did you find"!

Re: "What is the deepest hole you ever dug while detecting, what did you find"!

COUNTRY GIRL said:
Shoot! No one else has dug to China? :D That cache of naiils was SWEET!!!!!!!!!! :-\ :icon_queen:
i stopped diggin when i heard them chatterin. a log chain at about 18". junk. a few minutes later a gold band!
 
Re: "What is the deepest hole you ever dug while detecting, what did you find"!

Not this one , But One like it.

Approximately 32" (Arms length and my
trawel in my hand to pull it up to where I could reach it with My
tips of my Fingers)

Picture 003.webp
 
Re: "What is the deepest hole you ever dug while detecting, what did you find"!

where was the beer made
 
Re: "What is the deepest hole you ever dug while detecting, what did you find"!

2 feet to find a stirrup,another time it was 2 feet also for a steel toe boot!
 
Re: "What is the deepest hole you ever dug while detecting, what did you find"!

about 10 inches. found a military button.
 
Re: "What is the deepest hole you ever dug while detecting, what did you find"!

Sniffer said:
where was the beer made

Pottsville Pennsylvania.

Still in Buisness
as Americas oldest Brewer
 
Re: "What is the deepest hole you ever dug while detecting, what did you find"!

Is Yeungling beer good?

Oops! I guess it must be... oldest brewery and all!

anyhow... about 16" to a rusty 2" iron pipe sticking upwards.
Couldn't budge it, re-buried it. :(
 
Re: "What is the deepest hole you ever dug while detecting, what did you find"!

rmptr said:
Is Yeungling beer good?

Oops! I guess it must be... oldest brewery and all!

anyhow... about 16" to a rusty 2" iron pipe sticking upwards.
Couldn't budge it, re-buried it. :(

Long time since I had one.

It tastes like american Beer :D

some like it, some don't

I always preferred molson, or other Expensive beers when I had the cash
But drank it when I didn't
 
Re: "What is the deepest hole you ever dug while detecting, what did you find"!

when I was a lot younger and poorer I drank a beer called Hauenstein, brewed in St. Peter, Mn.
in 1983 you could buy a case of bottles for 6 bucks tax included. even though it was cheap, it wasn't too bad, kind of like Old Milwaukee
 
Re: "What is the deepest hole you ever dug while detecting, what did you find"!

what's a culvert?
silverswede said:
About 3 plus feet in hard packed soil to discover the soil was hard packed because it was an old road and the target turnet out to be a perfectly good 24" galvanized culvert!
 
Re: "What is the deepest hole you ever dug while detecting, what did you find"!

Pookie, it's a metal pipe for letting water pass under a road, usually from one ditch to another.

Probably a bit bigger around than you could put your arms around, but they come in REAL big sizes that
sometimes you can crawl or even walk through.
 
Re: "What is the deepest hole you ever dug while detecting, what did you find"!

Thanks, RMPTR, Like he said Pookie. And I did'nt actually remove it from it's resting place but spent the rest of my day out filling the hole back up. It's nice to get a few laughs when we start admitting our miscues, isn't it.
 
Re: "What is the deepest hole you ever dug while detecting, what did you find"!

When I first got my md I dug a post sized hole about 2 feet deep . Didn't find anything that day so I left
the hole open as it was on my property . A couple days later my pinpointer came & I found a rusty nail about
6 inches down in the side of the hole . ::)
 
Re: "What is the deepest hole you ever dug while detecting, what did you find"!

dug a hole about 1 foot in dry sand for clad dime...must have perfect flat for my detector to pick it up
 
Re: "What is the deepest hole you ever dug while detecting, what did you find"!

3.5 feet and found a Land Mine under 3.5 feet of chicken heads and feet and guts. Fallujhia Iraq, 2003. Blew it up and scattered chicken parts all over the place. I love my job. :thumbsup:
 
Re: "What is the deepest hole you ever dug while detecting, what did you find"!

BIG61AL said:
dug a hole about 1 foot in dry sand for clad dime...must have perfect flat for my detector to pick it up

That has been my deepest find! A dime...
I once found a silver Roosie dime at 10", and it was in PERFECT soil at an old Scout camp...

Doesn't hurt my feelings to admit I'm a shallow, surface hunter!

I should admit, though, it's fascinating to read the stories of those industrious fellows who detect and retrieve wonderful treasures from phenomenal depths!

Best,
Recovers Many Pull Tab Relics
 
Re: "What is the deepest hole you ever dug while detecting, what did you find"!

Found a half dollar sized Skoal token at around 13" deep at the townships first one room school house.
And here I was giving Spock credit for coining the phrase "Live Long and Prosper" lol.
Mike
 
Re: "What is the deepest hole you ever dug while detecting, what did you find"!

2 days ago lol

bout foot n half

old pipe sticking upwards but dug about another foot around it and it wudent cme out :O
 
Re: "What is the deepest hole you ever dug while detecting, what did you find"!

outdoorsup said:
3.5 feet and found a Land Mine under 3.5 feet of chicken heads and feet and guts. Fallujhia Iraq, 2003. Blew it up and scattered chicken parts all over the place. I love my job. :thumbsup:

Oh Man!

You got big huevos!!!

I never done nuthin' like that!

Be cautious!

Best
 
Re: "What is the deepest hole you ever dug while detecting, what did you find"!

I got a deep signal and dug down about 16"+. Found nothing but the bottom of the hole.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom