aa battery
Gold Member
- Joined
- Oct 11, 2006
- Messages
- 10,646
- Reaction score
- 3,259
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting


hammered said:It looks like a salesman box, very good condition too, dare I say it's "the dogs bollocks"
hammered


hmm .... $$$trikikiwi said:Maybe a payroll box?
Maybe that's the one that went missing??![]()
Cheers, Mike
bout the same thing i foundMackaydon said:Some history:
Until the late 19th century, the biscuit/cracker industry was made up of small independent local bakeries preparing products and selling them in bulk. The barrels and crates of biscuits were delivered by horse and wagon, set out in the grocery store and sold to the consumer by the measure.
In February 1898 the competing groups combined 114 factories and formed the National Biscuit Company (Nabisco).
Although Joseph Loose was a member of the Nabisco’s Board of Directors, in 1902 along with his brother Jacob and John H. Wiles, he liquidated his holdings in National Biscuit Company and formed the Loose-Wiles Biscuit Company in Kansas City. In 1912 Loose-Wiles opened their ‘Thousand Window” bakery on Long Island, which remained the largest bakery building in the world until 1955.
In 1946 or '47, the Loose-Wiles Company officially changed its name to Sunshine Biscuit, Inc.
Don.......
i think your rightdeepskyal said:Yep...probably a sample case to take to prospective customers. I worked for a mfgr. that built windows into suitcases for the salesmen to carry from house to house.
Al
im not that oldHigh Plains Digger said:I remember SUNSHINE. Mostly from soda crackers, I think. Blue and white box? Come on out there, help me out!

ok im 57High Plains Digger said:At least I said "soda crackers" and not "hard tack". That would be waaaaay back.


they called me and want me to donate it. YEA RIGHTaa battery said:waiting for a call frum kelloggs to see maybe if its rare![]()

hmmmmmSheldon J said:AKA some exec wants it Kellogg's has no such collection.
