What's new

What is this large metal ring?

justdigging50

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2009
Messages
426
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC and Minelab Explorer II
These are some finds from my last few hunts. I don't know what the large ring is, wagon hardware?. The small copper or brass ring has no marks, anyone ever see one like it? I found the silver ring today, it's always fun finding jewelery. The Booze Bottle cap is from the
Gooderham & Worts, Limited Toronto, Canada Est. 1832 Canada's Oldest Distillery.
Some old boozers were in my neighborhood, I'm trying to carry on the tradition (hiccup-burp)
Hope you guy are doing well HH
Ed
 

Attachments

  • 7-6-2010 007.webp
    7-6-2010 007.webp
    63.8 KB · Views: 177
  • 7-6-2010 009.webp
    7-6-2010 009.webp
    65.2 KB · Views: 171
  • 7-6-2010 011.webp
    7-6-2010 011.webp
    56.9 KB · Views: 177
  • 7-6-2010 005.webp
    7-6-2010 005.webp
    65.1 KB · Views: 164
  • 7-6-2010 007.webp
    7-6-2010 007.webp
    63.8 KB · Views: 172
  • 7-6-2010 009.webp
    7-6-2010 009.webp
    65.2 KB · Views: 172
  • 7-6-2010 011.webp
    7-6-2010 011.webp
    56.9 KB · Views: 172
  • 7-6-2010 015.webp
    7-6-2010 015.webp
    64.7 KB · Views: 169
  • 7-6-2010 016.webp
    7-6-2010 016.webp
    49.7 KB · Views: 171
  • 7-6-2010 020.webp
    7-6-2010 020.webp
    27.6 KB · Views: 166
  • 7-6-2010 021.webp
    7-6-2010 021.webp
    22.2 KB · Views: 163
  • 7-6-2010 022.webp
    7-6-2010 022.webp
    24 KB · Views: 175
  • 7-6-2010 013.webp
    7-6-2010 013.webp
    45.4 KB · Views: 172
  • 7-6-2010 025.webp
    7-6-2010 025.webp
    49.6 KB · Views: 164
I'm guessing a hitching post ring. Probably later period when they were doing some of those fancy posts and the recessed part fit into the front of the post finial.

That brass ring looks uncomfortable at best, might have been given to someone to ward them off.

That silver ring looks great and that booze cap, well I'm just wondering if someone didn't sneak that bottle in around 80+ years ago...
 
i found a ring identical to the one in first photo here in dekalb co. twins, congrats on the silver one too.
 
Great looking finds there Ed. Silver ring is cool, wonder what the stones might be (if the facets are sharp and not
rounded they could be diamonds) Keep diggin up those goodies HH DFW
 
Hi Ed! Good to see another post from you!

Three rings! :)

The last two are my favorite, and the last one is really cool!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I was wondering where I dropped that bottle cap...
 
Very cool stuff Ed :thumbsup:

I really like that brass what's-it ring :tongue3:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom