What's new

What is this?

GroundS.KeepeR

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2009
Messages
872
Reaction score
213
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tennessee
Kinda looks like a door knob .. But not sure..
 

Attachments

  • What is it 020.webp
    What is it 020.webp
    15.5 KB · Views: 537
  • What is it 022.webp
    What is it 022.webp
    17.1 KB · Views: 538
RELICDUDE07 said:
Maybe off a old phone?bell part :dontknow: Its cool i like the cross

looks like a bell top
 
Upvote 0
Reminds me of a mechanical doorbell. Does it ring? :icon_sunny:
 

Attachments

  • victoriandoorbell.webp
    victoriandoorbell.webp
    112.1 KB · Views: 305
Upvote 0
Could be the top off a vintage bicycle bell. ( more likely a doorbell)
I found several similar while I was researching old bicycle bells.



bicycle bell.webp
 
Upvote 0
GoodyGuy said:
Could be the top off a vintage bicycle bell. ( more likely a doorbell)
I found several similar while I was researching old bicycle bells.
when banged against metal.. shouldnt it make a bell sound? This piece i have dont..
 
Upvote 0
GroundS.KeepeR said:
GoodyGuy said:
Could be the top off a vintage bicycle bell. ( more likely a doorbell)
I found several similar while I was researching old bicycle bells.
when banged against metal.. shouldnt it make a bell sound? This piece i have dont..

You probably already know this but I will post it anyway.
It has to be held or supported in the proper way to ring
if it is a bell. Stand a pen upright, place the object on the
point of the pen so it is only touching the ball point. Now
tap it with something metal like a knife blade or nail
clipper, does it ring when you try this?
 
Upvote 0
pronghorn said:
GroundS.KeepeR said:
GoodyGuy said:
Could be the top off a vintage bicycle bell. ( more likely a doorbell)
I found several similar while I was researching old bicycle bells.
when banged against metal.. shouldnt it make a bell sound? This piece i have dont..
I just tried this and it Dings like a BELL)))))) :thumbsup:..Thanks!!

You probably already know this but I will post it anyway.
It has to be held or supported in the proper way to ring
if it is a bell. Stand a pen upright, place the object on the
point of the pen so it is only touching the ball point. Now
tap it with something metal like a knife blade or nail
clipper, does it ring when you try this?
I just tried this and it Dings like a BELL)))))) :thumbsup:..Thanks!!
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom