What's new

What Is this?

Truffleshuffle

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2010
Messages
65
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I dug this yesterday and I know its some kind of nut but not sure what kind it is or what it may even go to. It was 4 to 6 inches deep.
 

Attachments

  • DSC00736.webp
    DSC00736.webp
    21.9 KB · Views: 299
  • DSC00737.webp
    DSC00737.webp
    11.8 KB · Views: 302
That's a nut they use to tie wire on. Could be a dozen applications. They still use them.
Al
 
Well unless it was for a lawn mower Its at least over ten years old lol
 
Yea....Nothen,to inportan there!
 
liftloop said:
Yea....Nothen,to inportan there!
ya figured it was not much of a thing but just did not know what it was
 
Colonial small engine part, I'm thinking pressure washer :icon_thumleft:
 
Like deepskyal said - it is the nut from a wire splice. The grooved part of the bar goes into a U shaped nut on top of two or more wires. Tighten it down, tape it off and you have a removable wire splice. In a former life I was an electrician and used these many times.
 
GRSPB4.jpg


Made of brass & copper. Toss it in the scrap metal recycling pile.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom