What's new

What is this?

kshollywood

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2010
Messages
523
Reaction score
170
Golden Thread
0
Location
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found this close to some 1800 coins,,,,what is it?
 

Attachments

  • KEV_2958.webp
    KEV_2958.webp
    267.2 KB · Views: 778
  • KEV_2959.webp
    KEV_2959.webp
    189.9 KB · Views: 905
  • KEV_2960.webp
    KEV_2960.webp
    208.6 KB · Views: 910
  • KEV_2956.webp
    KEV_2956.webp
    392.1 KB · Views: 855
:hello:

It could be a half, of a nut cracker :icon_thumleft:

SS
 
Upvote 0
I don't have it with me but it's around 4 inches
 
Upvote 0
Broken fruit juicer/squeezer.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
Did I mention this is really old!!!!
 
Upvote 0
Window/shutter latch i'd say, with the sideways orientation.
 
Upvote 0
With the raised design around the "eye" on both sides and around the "head", I don't think this was meant to be fastened directly to anything, but instead meant to swivel freely. Maybe attached to a metal ring and used on harnesses (perhaps a tie down hook), or as a swivel catch/hook? I'm just guessing at this point.

Fancier version of this, for example.
eyehook.webp
 
Upvote 0
I agree with Dano, it looks very similar to this modern Snake style fastener.
However, yours really is a Snake Styled fastener. Very cool!
 

Attachments

  • Snake Style Fastener.webp
    Snake Style Fastener.webp
    8 KB · Views: 566
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Ghost town help
Replies
3
Views
476
Replies
12
Views
1K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom