What's new

What is this?

inkslinger74r

Greenie
Joined
Mar 28, 2013
Messages
13
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Hey folks.

I'm new here, and need some help. I found a oval brass item ten years ago metal detecting. It's a little bigger than a quarter, and has a stud on the back where it must have attached to something. It has queen Victoria's stamp on it. A crown between the letters V R. Under that it says "seoure". Any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • image-3962622093.webp
    image-3962622093.webp
    38.1 KB · Views: 101
  • image-2340329365.webp
    image-2340329365.webp
    25.7 KB · Views: 98
  • image-2433506719.webp
    image-2433506719.webp
    32.7 KB · Views: 101
Hey, Inks

Welcome to Tnet...no idea what that is, but if you haven't tried the "What is it?" forum yet you might get more replies there, a lot of kind and knowledgeable folks are over there just waiting for another mystery object to be posted! Yours looks pretty interesting. Happy Hunting!
 
My first guess would be a keyhole cover.

k193078.webp
 
Thanks for the help. I will try the other forum. The keyhole idea could be true.
 
Looks like it says 'SECURE'.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom