What's new

What kind of buckle is this????

ALABEAR

Full Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2005
Messages
182
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bridgeport, Alabama
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD and some TESORO'S
Found this today detecting in a Civil War camp. Anyone have an ideal what it was used for? Thanks Alabear
 

Attachments

  • buckle_001.webp
    buckle_001.webp
    34.6 KB · Views: 275
  • buckle_002.webp
    buckle_002.webp
    58.4 KB · Views: 261
  • buckle_004.webp
    buckle_004.webp
    15.2 KB · Views: 263
  • buckle_005.webp
    buckle_005.webp
    11.8 KB · Views: 270
I'm pretty sure it a tourniquet buckle for adjusting the strap. I'll see if I can find a pic to make 100% sure
 
Upvote 0
^^ Cool find!
 
Upvote 0
I couldn't find any good pics of civil war tourniquets showing the buckles and in what I could see didn't see any exactly like yours Looking at the picture of yours again I'm not 100% sure it's civil war. Because of the way it's made it looks like it might be late 1800's or very early 1900's. Have you found any later items in the area. In the early 1900's the army did manuvers in VA and followed the routes of some of the civil war troops. At times we find Span- Am period stuff in the civil war camps around here.
 
Upvote 0
vayank54 said:
I couldn't find any good pics of civil war tourniquets showing the buckles and in what I could see didn't see any exactly like yours Looking at the picture of yours again I'm not 100% sure it's civil war. Because of the way it's made it looks like it might be late 1800's or very early 1900's. Have you found any later items in the area. In the early 1900's the army did manuvers in VA and followed the routes of some of the civil war troops. At times we find Span- Am period stuff in the civil war camps around here.
Yes I have found some stuff from the late 1800's up to I would say the 1930's.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom