What's new

What kind of english do you speak?

Motan English

aka Mountain speak
 
65% General American English

20% Upper Midwestern

5% Midwestern

5% Yankee

0% Dixie

I didn't answer the "easy class" one either. :dontknow:
 
55% General American English

25% Dixie

20% Yankee

0% Midwestern

0% Upper Midwestern
-------

I think this is correct for me actually. Grew up in New Jersey---now live in the South, NC for a long time.....thank goodness there is no midwest in me! :)
 
65% General American English

10% Upper Midwestern

10% Yankee

5% Dixie

5% Midwestern
 
;D

There is only one type....the rest is slang ;D

SS
 
I prefer my "cornbread" english. :icon_thumleft:

Not sure how that yankee snuck in there. :icon_scratch: :dontknow:

50% General American English

35% Dixie

10% Yankee

5% Upper Midwestern

0% Midwestern
 
NaturalJWL said:
I prefer my "cornbread" english. :icon_thumleft:

Not sure how that yankee snuck in there. :icon_scratch: :dontknow:

50% General American English

35% Dixie

10% Yankee

5% Upper Midwestern

0% Midwestern

You must know what a crueller is :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
 
Well they got that wrong, I don't speak American English as I'm Scottish fae Glasgow. :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:


50% General American English

20% Yankee

15% Upper Midwestern

10% Dixie

0% Midwestern
 
OK, I tried it. The one about an easy class didn't have an answer I would use so I picked "B". Here is my result



40% General American English

30% Yankee

25% Dixie

5% Upper Midwestern

0% Midwestern


:dontknow:


hammered
 
Speak=regional venecular (depending upon the listener)
Write=proper

Best,
Scott

Oh, Was this a quiz to pigeon hole a speaking style? Tsk... :D
I really don't believe in these types of universal instantiations.
Y'all go on and have your fun... :laughing7:
 
Chugs results!!!


65% General American English

10% Dixie

10% Upper Midwestern

10% Yankee

5% Midwestern
 
What does "Midwestern" sound like?


hammered
 
I really thought I would have more "Dixie" and am surprised some "Midwestern" never rubbed off from living in Illinois for twentysix years. (slow learner I suppose)

60% General American English

15% Dixie

10% Upper Midwestern

10% Yankee

0% Midwestern
 
Jeep said:
hammered said:
What does "Midwestern" sound like?


hammered

sort of like a lower upper midwestern :laughing7:

That explains a lot :laughing7:. Just wait until you come over here, it's even more confusing :tongue3:. Norfolk compared to west country, Mancunian compared to southern scouse, it goes on, but I will confess, I always thought there was just a southern or northern American accent, with a few variations.


hammered
 
hammered said:
Jeep said:
hammered said:
What does "Midwestern" sound like?


hammered

sort of like a lower upper midwestern :laughing7:

That explains a lot :laughing7:. Just wait until you come over here, it's even more confusing :tongue3:. Norfolk compared to west country, Mancunian compared to southern scouse, it goes on, but I will confess, I always thought there was just a southern or northern American accent, with a few variations.


hammered

Been there (well not Ankh-Morpork, been a while since me and Terry hung out in discworld) and will be back, but no problem after 5 pints we all sound the same :laughing7:
 
Jeep said:
hammered said:
Jeep said:
hammered said:
What does "Midwestern" sound like?


hammered

sort of like a lower upper midwestern :laughing7:

That explains a lot :laughing7:. Just wait until you come over here, it's even more confusing :tongue3:. Norfolk compared to west country, Mancunian compared to southern scouse, it goes on, but I will confess, I always thought there was just a southern or northern American accent, with a few variations.


hammered

Been there (well not Ankh-Morpork, been a while since me and Terry hung out in discworld) and will be back, but no problem after 5 pints we all sound the same :laughing7:

Next time I see you in the "Broken/Mended Drum" I will buy You a pint :laughing7:. Terry is a great guy and will probably have a half with us :thumbsup:



Ian
 
hammered said:
Jeep said:
hammered said:
Jeep said:
hammered said:
What does "Midwestern" sound like?


hammered

sort of like a lower upper midwestern :laughing7:

That explains a lot :laughing7:. Just wait until you come over here, it's even more confusing :tongue3:. Norfolk compared to west country, Mancunian compared to southern scouse, it goes on, but I will confess, I always thought there was just a southern or northern American accent, with a few variations.


hammered

Been there (well not Ankh-Morpork, been a while since me and Terry hung out in discworld) and will be back, but no problem after 5 pints we all sound the same :laughing7:

Next time I see you in the "Broken/Mended Drum" I will buy You a pint :laughing7:. Terry is a great guy and will probably have a half with us :thumbsup:



Ian

I'll take ya up on that cause I was tired of Biers and Igors crazy drinks :icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom