What's new

What kind of fossil?

irbaddadjoe

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2006
Messages
488
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bridgeport, Texas
Anyone know what this is?
 

Attachments

  • P1000425.webp
    P1000425.webp
    22.7 KB · Views: 368
  • P1000426.webp
    P1000426.webp
    19.5 KB · Views: 350
I'll take a shot... fish otolith? :icon_scratch: ??? :wink:
 
hi baddadjoe,

i'm pretty sure it is the interior mold of a spiriferid brachiopod, showing the spiral supports.
 
Thanks yall. Ive been picking up fossils in my area for bout 30 years but every now and then I find one thats not in my quick reference book and one I havent seen before. Thanks for the leads.
 
fossil_femme said:
hi baddadjoe,

i'm pretty sure it is the interior mold of a spiriferid brachiopod, showing the spiral supports.


ps - i would hang on to that, as it is uncommon for the spiral supports to be fossilized.
here is an example from my collection...
 

Attachments

  • (63).webp
    (63).webp
    28.8 KB · Views: 266
  • (64).webp
    (64).webp
    37.5 KB · Views: 268
  • (66).webp
    (66).webp
    45.4 KB · Views: 253

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom