What's new

What kind of horn

jtw1313

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2013
Messages
3,728
Reaction score
2,099
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone know what kind of horn this is. Positive it’s horn by the way it smells when burned. Looks like it was attached to something at some point
 

Attachments

  • 6F16C76C-45CC-4286-A2C4-F7CB3B9DF54A.webp
    6F16C76C-45CC-4286-A2C4-F7CB3B9DF54A.webp
    383 KB · Views: 84
  • DB803649-1688-41D7-9AA6-5F0C29943FE7.webp
    DB803649-1688-41D7-9AA6-5F0C29943FE7.webp
    300.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 83B30F47-BB54-41BA-BC14-71D49B80D03D.webp
    83B30F47-BB54-41BA-BC14-71D49B80D03D.webp
    165 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
I was thinking rhino horn but didn’t want to put thoughts in
 
Upvote 0
Texas longhorn. Or some bovine with long sweeping horns it has the curve that would be associated with some very long horns and the diameter would suggest some good size to the horn.
 
Upvote 0
Nice find perhaps ask a local conservation department for their thoughts
 
Upvote 0
Rhino horn is solid. I’m pretty sure this is just part of a run of the mill cow horn.
 
Upvote 0
560255F8-A05B-4CC7-92CC-B687F8113140.webp

His other side sweeps the other way up and around. He really didn’t want to look at me or even square off. Like Yellowstone bison he hates selfies and not going to talking about it....
He is big and kind of unique but not the kind that bring the biggest monies. The cattle with mirror image horns are most popular.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
No, walrus have tusks, which are solid I think

Well I guess I was sleepy last night or it was just an illusion. I thought I was looking at a solid round object. It is a cow horn.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
My thought is that it may have been used as a shoehorn if it was attached to something...the handle.
 
Upvote 0
Shoe horn for Godzilla lol............ maybe I should take a pic with something for size comparison
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom