What's new

What sources pull silver?

apush

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Messages
1,942
Reaction score
212
Golden Thread
0
Location
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read a post that mentioned some providers pull silver before they are put in the "wild." Anyone know who those providers are? I get my double stacked boxes from Wells Fargo--at least that is what my bank claims. I have also read some folks aquire flat boxes of halves. Who is the provider for these?

Muchas Gracias from Tejas,

apush :icon_sunny:
 
Upvote 0
Like was said before, no one pulls silver. They're not in the business to do that.
HH
Enamel7
 
If any of them did it, ALL of them would do it.

They don't have the time to go through all the coins by hand, and having a machine capable of doing it would cost more than they would find.
 
placerman said:
If any of them did it, ALL of them would do it.

They don't have the time to go through all the coins by hand, and having a machine capable of doing it would cost more than they would find.
I agree, although, the coinstars reject silver.
 
I've had a few boxes where the top coin was removed and the paper carefully folded back down by hand.
I've also had boxes that have obviously been re-glued. All of these boxes still produced silver though.
Besides the above I don't think that anyone pulls silver.
Here in Ct. I've only been able to get the flat boxes.
HH
Rich
 
Hey apush...

In my area the flat boxes with yellow printing are provided by the carrier Loomis.

Robin
 
My guess would be most dont or arent allowed to pull silver but a few probably manage. I would bet that if any of us had the chance we would try.
 
someone here awhile ago (can't find the post) sat down and figured it out on paper that the overhead was too high for the price of silver at the time. a large company would not pull enough profit to make it worth thier while.
one company did pull silver for awhile when the prices were sky high and i believe they hedged the market. however they no longer do it. probably because with the drop in silver from all time highs back then it was no longer profitable for them to do so.
 
I have read that there is a carrier in the southwestern area that does pull silver out of circualtion. This article didnt say who it was but did point to the statistical information of how low the silver was in the areas this carrier serviced. You can take it any way you want, and I dont doubt some does get pulled out at that level of the food chain. Is worth the cost? Who knows.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom