What's new

What the heck is this thing?

BladeRunner2019

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2013
Messages
745
Reaction score
1,776
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all. I need some help with this item. It was found at an old home site along with several flat buttons and a large cent.

It's about the size of a quarter, maybe a hair smaller. The slit is approximately half way around the diameter. There does appear to be a circle or something stamped on one side of it.

At first I thought it was a corroded coin or something, but the material sandwiched between the lead is soft. Maybe cloth or leather. It falls apart pretty easy, so I don't think it's leather.

Any ideas??

g0Qd3Pc.jpg


FGWcLVV.jpg


AyBYbjK.jpg
 
A coin safe? Something you might slide a valuable coin into to disguise it by pinching it shut?
 
Upvote 0
Given the presence of leather remaining inside the metal, a strap end makes the most sense.

Dave
 
Upvote 0
Looks like part of a strap
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom