What's new

What to do with all those pennies?

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2015
Messages
1,541
Reaction score
2,553
Golden Thread
0
Location
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might have to run the dug through a tumbler first - :)

penny floor - Copy.webp


130.00 in Pennies, 175.00 in epoxy and polyurethane

Just WOW!
 
Love these! We have a pub in Manhattan, that has the sixty-foot bar top done in a similar fashion. :icon_thumright:
 
Love these! We have a pub in Manhattan, that has the sixty-foot bar top done in a similar fashion. :icon_thumright:
I'd love to see that! Would you mind posting a pic? ...Or a link to an existing pic?
 
 

Attachments

  • b27bb06f54c57130f143d6402cb2832e.webp
    b27bb06f54c57130f143d6402cb2832e.webp
    71 KB · Views: 81
  • penny-bar2.webp
    penny-bar2.webp
    42.3 KB · Views: 80
I had thoughts of using the worst Zincolns (after tumbling) and doing end table tops or wooden serving platters.............get some practice on smaller areas first, then look at doing larger areas.
 
BEEEEEEEEEEA-utiful!! :hello2:
 
That is a lot of pennies. Great pictures.
 
Now I have a purpose for all the pennies I dig
 
I was researching the history of a treasure hunting club in Oklahoma, trying to help someone here on TN with a question.

I came across this note describing a club meeting in 1970:

"March - Wilbur Heuszel gave a presentation of all the coins he'd found. He had 46 cans of pennies alone."

I remember KvonM writing about a th'er who had found 1,000,000 pennies (he kept them in a washtub). Karl said that was by no means the first person he knew who had done that.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo
 
Take your pennies to the bank, and sent your check to me.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom