Chug And Red
Gold Member
- Joined
- Feb 18, 2010
- Messages
- 7,400
- Reaction score
- 2,687
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Vancouver WA
- Detector(s) used
- Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)
Chug and Reds New Additions
Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
- #1
Thread Owner
These
are amazing! He has not only made it look like the animal, but they
look alive with motion.
are amazing! He has not only made it look like the animal, but they
look alive with motion.
These
items below were all fabricated from junked 1950 and 1960 automobile
parts by a gentleman in Australia
Check
out all the Spark Plugs......... James Corbett uses remnants
of cars from the '50s and '60s.

This
is the man that converts scrapped parts of carsinto
sculptures
items below were all fabricated from junked 1950 and 1960 automobile
parts by a gentleman in Australia
Check
out all the Spark Plugs......... James Corbett uses remnants
of cars from the '50s and '60s.

This
is the man that converts scrapped parts of carsinto
sculptures
worth
thousands of dollars. The 46-year-old Australian artist James
Corbett,
thousands of dollars. The 46-year-old Australian artist James
Corbett,
creates
these sculptures using salvaged old car parts.

One
of the pieces, a ram made from spark plugs, sold for a whopping
$23,000

His
sculptures are made of gears, spark plugs, exhausts, radiators,
anything
these sculptures using salvaged old car parts.

One
of the pieces, a ram made from spark plugs, sold for a whopping
$23,000

His
sculptures are made of gears, spark plugs, exhausts, radiators,
anything
that
the artist can salvage.

After
spending weeks dedicated to locate suitable pieces, James
meticulously
the artist can salvage.

After
spending weeks dedicated to locate suitable pieces, James
meticulously
cleans
every part and welds them together.

He
said: "I was working in a warehouse of scrap and a guy I know,
that
every part and welds them together.

He
said: "I was working in a warehouse of scrap and a guy I know,
that
races
stock cars, showed me a Trophy winner, "Fact with levers of
change."
stock cars, showed me a Trophy winner, "Fact with levers of
change."
"I
looked at it and I thought that I could do a much better job so I
started
looked at it and I thought that I could do a much better job so I
started
making
my own sculptures."

"After
a period of time, people began to become more and more into
what
my own sculptures."

"After
a period of time, people began to become more and more into
what
I
was doing and now what do I with my life, is a dream come to
reality."

"On
average, each piece takes a little over two weeks of work, but
the
was doing and now what do I with my life, is a dream come to
reality."

"On
average, each piece takes a little over two weeks of work, but
the
larger
pieces can take much longer, he says.

James
says that welding of the parts, and the construction of the
sculpture[/B]
pieces can take much longer, he says.

James
says that welding of the parts, and the construction of the
sculpture
is
not what consumes most time of the artist. "Often the longest part
of the
not what consumes most time of the artist. "Often the longest part
of the
process
is finding old parts suitable for sculpture."

James
says that welding of the parts, and the construction of the
sculpture
is finding old parts suitable for sculpture."

James
says that welding of the parts, and the construction of the
sculpture
is
not what consumes most time of the artist. "Often the longest part
of the
not what consumes most time of the artist. "Often the longest part
of the
process
is finding old parts suitable for sculpture."
[ATTACH=CONFIG]719594._xfImport[/ATTACH]
"My
two favorite pieces that I've created for this exhibition are the
ram and the wild boar," he says.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]719597._xfImport[/ATTACH]
I hope you enjoyed these, take care, stay safe and have a great day, Happy New Year everyone, may 2013 be better than 2012!!!! Red
is finding old parts suitable for sculpture."
[ATTACH=CONFIG]719594._xfImport[/ATTACH]
"My
two favorite pieces that I've created for this exhibition are the
ram and the wild boar," he says.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]719597._xfImport[/ATTACH]
I hope you enjoyed these, take care, stay safe and have a great day, Happy New Year everyone, may 2013 be better than 2012!!!! Red









