apush
Bronze Member
I went to one of my banks today to pick up some cents, nickels, and dime boxes. This is the bank that "forgot" to order my halves this week as the teller was on "vacation." I really do believe she was, as I had not seen her in a while. She said she would be sure to order the boxes for me next week and that I could have anything else I wanted. These folks have really been nice to me. I told her that I would come back later in the week if I wanted anything else. Today I did.
This bank is inside a grocery store, so I picked up a few household items before I proceeded over to the "bank." When I started to check out (with buggy in tow), the branch manager and one of his tellers (which happens to be one of my wonderful former students) walked up to me and asked if there was anyway he could speak with our teachers at school about this bank. In otherwords, he wanted to get business.
I told him that if he wanted to give a presentation during our inservice in August, that would probably be okay--but I would have to check with our building principal (I am only an assistant principal). Other banking institutions have done this--giving teachers either door prizes or $100 for opening an account. Regardless, my fear is that if my principal says "no" there goes the boxes!!! Anyone else face something like this?
Dog Gone It!!!
apush
This bank is inside a grocery store, so I picked up a few household items before I proceeded over to the "bank." When I started to check out (with buggy in tow), the branch manager and one of his tellers (which happens to be one of my wonderful former students) walked up to me and asked if there was anyway he could speak with our teachers at school about this bank. In otherwords, he wanted to get business.
I told him that if he wanted to give a presentation during our inservice in August, that would probably be okay--but I would have to check with our building principal (I am only an assistant principal). Other banking institutions have done this--giving teachers either door prizes or $100 for opening an account. Regardless, my fear is that if my principal says "no" there goes the boxes!!! Anyone else face something like this?
Dog Gone It!!!
apush

Upvote
0








