What's new

What to do?

RUSSIANPAUL

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2011
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mods: Please move topic if it is in the wrong section.

I contacted a Realtor who is working with a large number of houses which are being demolished and which are sitting on large acres and in towns which are fairly old. I asked him if it would be possible to metal detect the properties as it is my hobby, and that i can sign any papers he would like to ensure that if something happened on the property, i would not hold anyone responsible. The properties are empty, and noo ne lives there.
I did not expect for him to return my email, but he did contact me back and asked me "What is in it for the seller?"
I did not really know how to answer that question without being rude, as i still would love to detect the properties, but i also dont want to waste my time, if they want me to give up anything I find. What should I say?

Thanks Guys, appreciate your input.
 
Tell them you will take all the nails, screws bottle caps etc. and throw them in the garbage! Removing all the hazardous materiel is a great service you provide! No flat tires on the lawn tractor etc.
 
You might just say the truth, tell them you are interested in History and Archaeology and just want an opportunity to save some relics and Historical pieces before the land is developed. Worth a try. HH, Mike
 
Thanks guys, i appreciate your responses. I just did not expect for the Realtor to ask me the question. I just figured it would be a Yes/No answer and not him trying to get the owners to get something out of the deal.
 
advise him IF You find anything with the
Sellers Name or Initials on it, Or if the seller remembers loosing anything in particular on the Property,
you would return it Free of Charge.
 
jeff of pa said:
advise him IF You find anything with the
Sellers Name or Initials on it, Or if the seller remembers loosing anything in particular on the Property,
you would return it Free of Charge.

Jeff has a point, I would say the item is free of charge, but there is a small handling and shipping fee :thumbsup: :laughing7:
 
Tell them that while the odds of finding anything of value are pretty low, you'd be glad to split any significant finds with the seller, then just don't find anything valuable.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom