What's new

What type of knife is this?

Carly K

Tenderfoot
Joined
Sep 2, 2017
Messages
4
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone can me help me identify what type of knife this is and where it may be from?

I don't know anything about it's origin, it was just amongst some things given to me.

I'm interested to know what it's origin is and wondered if anyone can tell this by it's shape, style and markings? It's just over a foot in length.

Apologies if there is a more appropriate forum I should use please let me know.

Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • 20181101_132908.webp
    20181101_132908.webp
    519.5 KB · Views: 104
  • 20181101_132923.webp
    20181101_132923.webp
    589.4 KB · Views: 87
  • 20181101_132926.webp
    20181101_132926.webp
    448.6 KB · Views: 104
  • 20181101_132937.webp
    20181101_132937.webp
    391.4 KB · Views: 101
  • 20181101_132945.webp
    20181101_132945.webp
    459.6 KB · Views: 93
Well. It is something of a clipped point Bowie or seax blade shape. But i suspected it’s an inexpensive southeast Asian Or Indian knife made for the tourist trade from the handle, sheath and engraving. But that is just a guess
 
Looks like a Moroccan Tourist Dagger from the 1950s.:occasion14:
 
I agree the handle. gives it away
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom