What's new

What type of rock is this?

Seven208

Tenderfoot
Joined
Dec 8, 2018
Messages
3
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to find out what kind of rock this is so I can determine if it is safe for an aquarium. It’s beautiful!
 

Attachments

  • B6E95D8C-A3CB-42A1-92BC-8EA9789A0F58.webp
    B6E95D8C-A3CB-42A1-92BC-8EA9789A0F58.webp
    1 MB · Views: 119
Other side

This is the other side
 

Attachments

  • 342D0BCD-3224-4F6A-A675-B41891F75103.webp
    342D0BCD-3224-4F6A-A675-B41891F75103.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 82
Upvote 0
A lovely specimen. It looks like banded calcite. Calcium/Carbon/Oxygen. Should be safe. Put a small drop of lemon juice or vinegar on it. If it fizzles, it should be calcite.
 
Upvote 0
Where did you get it? It looks like travertine.
 
Upvote 0
That is a cool rock
 
Upvote 0
Also welcome to tnet from MI Tommy
 
Upvote 0
Found in back yard with some other cool looking rocks I think someone was a collector and gave up or something.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom