What's new

WHAT WAS IT

KRAZYHORSES

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2010
Messages
650
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
any one know what this was and the type of pottery ??
 

Attachments

  • DSC00314 (2).webp
    DSC00314 (2).webp
    15 KB · Views: 395
  • DSC00313 (2).webp
    DSC00313 (2).webp
    9.9 KB · Views: 385
  • DSC00310 (2).webp
    DSC00310 (2).webp
    9.9 KB · Views: 388
The hole in the "center" suggests possibly a dish to put around a candle to catch the dripping wax.

A shear guess this, but a neat find anyway.
 
Upvote 0
I may be way off but it reminds me of a lid for a butter churn...with the hold being for the dasher.
 

Attachments

  • 0019_1_lg.webp
    0019_1_lg.webp
    13.8 KB · Views: 268
Upvote 0
It's a glazed pottery so I doubt it was an ash tray. It looks very old, and in its original state I would think it looked a nice piece. Not quite sure what it might be tho.
 
Upvote 0
here's a made whole one
 

Attachments

  • DSC00319 (2).webp
    DSC00319 (2).webp
    24.4 KB · Views: 256
Upvote 0
I agree - glazed earthenware. I also like the idea of a butter churn top.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom