What's new

What would you do?

vince76

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2015
Messages
1,222
Reaction score
3,094
Golden Thread
5
Location
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Garrett GTI 2500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys!
What would you do with all this lead?
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454083747.986788.webp
 
Maybe check with a local fishing tackle shop to see if they would give you something for it.
They can make new sinkers with it
 
metal_detector.gif
Sell it to someone that collects lead? Sorry, just couldn't resist. :)
 
I save mine for making bullets if I ever need to. You may find someone who wants to buy it to make their own bullets
 
The recycling yards will buy by the pound

HH, Relic Nut
 
If you are into fishing get a mold and make your own weights, if not there are always fishermen looking for lead to melt down.
 
I thought about it. I need weights for spearfishing but first i have to create the shape
 
My buddy said he was gonna make some toy soldiers with his lead. I thought that was pretty clever. Shouldn't be hard to find a mold and start melting.
 
Last edited:
There are two very important things that you DO NOT do:
1. Breathe the fumes of molten lead.
2. Never drop or pour water into a molten lead pot (It explodes into airborne lead droplets). OK to drop lead into water though. That's how shot are made.
Marvin
 
There are two very important things that you DO NOT do:
1. Breathe the fumes of molten lead.
2. Never drop or pour water into a molten lead pot (It explodes into airborne lead droplets). OK to drop lead into water though. That's how shot are made.
Marvin

Great advice, thanks.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom