What's new

What would you trade for

dfg4240

Full Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2008
Messages
143
Reaction score
12
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pittsford,NY
Detector(s) used
whites eagle Spectrum. Mxt, Silver umax, Bandido ll umax, X-terra 70, Xterra-705, fisher F5, fisher CZ-70 pro
(3)Tejons, 3-Cibola, Teknetics T2, minelab Safari. Minelab SE Pro, Fisher CZ-3d. (2)el
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you had a mint tejon-just a few months old and an extra lower shaft and coil (5" concentric)-what metered detector would you trade even for?
Just looking for coins -only used on mild soils and fresh water beaches.
thanks
 
Post it under the MD for sale section and you will probably get some hits. Being a new member you will probably need to attach a photo. Some of the guys have been ripped off. Monty
 
That is one of my fears and I have bought and sold many,many detectors as I am sure you have.
Fortunately almost all the members here are honest and dealing with each other is a great way to trade off and try different products.
OH well maybe I will do that and see what comes up but I have noticed there are quite a few newbies.
dfg4240
 
Monty said:
Post it under the MD for sale section and you will probably get some hits. Being a new member you will probably need to attach a photo. Some of the guys have been ripped off. Monty
I am courious about the number of people that have been ripped off......I'm sure almost all sellers are legit but wondering what your chances are to get stung?
 
A Klondike bar :dontknow: they seem to be in from all the commercials I've seen lately.
 
I heard some got ripped in another forum that ends in depot.
they even have the guys name and address I guess and he did it more than once.
 
Some jerk tried to rip me off right here on this forum but I caught on in time. He wanted to buy a detector I had listed. I told him I would ship it on receipt of payment because he only had 3 or 4 posts. He wrote back he was sending a money order but it was 500 bucks over the amount and he wantd me to cash it and send him the change and the detector! BS! I just happened to be in charge of Frauds at the local PD at one time and recognized it right off. I told him the next knock at his door would be the FBI and never heard from him again and he deleted all his few posts. The money orders were stolen and forged I'm positive. Had I cashed them I would be stuck with owing $500.00 to the bank and getting involved with an investigation. I reported it but never heard anything. Monty
 
Monty, that's quite the scam story. So far I've never had a problem when dealing with people online. I do have a different attitude than most and operate in a manner many would never duplicate.

What I do is send the detector I want to sell directly to the purchaser and let them handle the device and even test it. If they want it, they send me a bank check. If not, they ship it back.

You're probably thinking this is asking for trouble. So far no person when shown this kind of trust has hurt me. Not one. Have sold a dozen detectors over the years. I have faith in people and do not sweat the amount of money a detector costs in the first place. If I lose it, I lose it. But I've found if you extend yourself to others they go out of their way to be a good sport.

Life comes with no guarantees. To make a bad deal like this is something I'd put out of my mind in about 15 seconds if it happened. I never worry about what has passed. Just move on.

OT
 

That's a classic scam, Monty. I've had that one tried on me SEVERAL times while trying to sell stuff on Craigslist.













The Lord Is My Shepherd!
sirjoeysigmedij1.gif
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom