What's new

whatizit?

collector01

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2008
Messages
1,377
Reaction score
1,142
Golden Thread
1
Location
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these two relics in a Field where I found three coins dating 1842 and older and some musket balls and flat buttons but I have never found anything that looks like these, so any help would be appreciated thanks.
[/img]
 

Attachments

  • IMG.webp
    IMG.webp
    33.8 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_0001.webp
    IMG_0001.webp
    55.8 KB · Views: 276
the wing shaped thing is about an inch by half inch and the oval thing is around two and a half inch long by inch and a half.
 
Upvote 0
Cool finds. They have a nice patina.
Is that just random criss-cross type lines I think I see in the last pic?

I will leave the ID to others, but I suspect they are related either to, saddlery or cabinetry.
Mike
 
Upvote 0
The large oval brass item is a heavy horse furniture decoration (horse brass). Its probably late Victorian & would have gone on the leather blinker (If I remember rightly), definately on the horses head somewhere.
 
Upvote 0
The round object looks like a coin ran over by a train? Monty
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom