What's new

Whats an "auto syphon"?...and other finds;14K GP chain, 1947"Roosie", and clads

Lorrain.

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2011
Messages
978
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's an "auto syphon"?...and other finds;14K GP chain, 1947"Roosie", and clads

Hi, :hello:

Hunted wet sand slope this morning; had been thinking about why I hadn't found any chains or earrings lately ???

Well, today I recovered a 22" chain ..not deep; about 6".

It did not look like anything to write home about..and it wasn't :laughing7:

But I like to clean my jewelry finds, so I did the best I could on this one.

A silver "Roosie" saved the day :hello2:


Also dug up a "mystery" object....not sure of the meaning of "auto"; could mean car :dontknow:

could be shorthand for "automatic" :dontknow: so if anyone can offer any ID'ing..it would be much appreciated :icon_sunny:

Here's some pics

Thank you for looking

Lorraine
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0926.webp
    DSCF0926.webp
    27.2 KB · Views: 437
  • DSCF0927.webp
    DSCF0927.webp
    30.9 KB · Views: 433
  • DSCF0928.webp
    DSCF0928.webp
    48.3 KB · Views: 424
  • DSCF0929.webp
    DSCF0929.webp
    26.5 KB · Views: 446
  • DSCF0935.webp
    DSCF0935.webp
    40.5 KB · Views: 443
Upvote 0
Re: What's an "auto syphon"?...and other finds;14K GP chain, 1947"Roosie", and clads

Hey Lorraine, As usual you had a great hunt I see. Nice going. I appreciate your posts. Lots of interesting stuff...... About the "Auto Syphon", I have a modern day "Auto Syphon". Mine is a brass cylinder with a steel ball trapped in it. You put the syphon on the end of a hose and lower it into a tank of liquid. You quickly raise and lower the hose with the syphon on the end and the liquid travels up the hose as the liquid is trapped by the steel ball. This happens until the liquid comes to the peak of the hose and then starts down and creates a suction on the liquid in the tank creating a syphon without sucking on the end of the hose with your mouth. Looks like yours may be an early version of the same principal. I haven't had anything to post lately. It is pretty sanded in around here. HH, Ralph
 
Re: What's an "auto syphon"?...and other finds;14K GP chain, 1947"Roosie", and clads

Thank you for the explanation , Petersra...much appreciated.

Never saw something like this..and I don't think I ever had use for one.

We had quite a bit of rain here...torrents in some areas; the beach that I hunted today was stripped of sand down to underlying rocks and concrete blocks that I usually see only in the winter time.

Good luck on your next hunt.

Lorraine
 
Re: What's an "auto syphon"?...and other finds;14K GP chain, 1947"Roosie", and clads

Nice finds Lorraine! The auto syphon is a neat find. Sounds like the conditions are right at your beach for some heavy metal finds. Get back and pound it some more!

Jim
 
Re: What's an "auto syphon"?...and other finds;14K GP chain, 1947"Roosie", and clads

time4me said:
Nice finds Lorraine! The auto syphon is a neat find. Sounds like the conditions are right at your beach for some heavy metal finds. Get back and pound it some more!

Jim

That's a good idea, Jim...and it's not so hot out there after the recent storms so it makes for truly pleasant detecting

Lorraine
 
Re: What's an "auto syphon"?...and other finds;14K GP chain, 1947"Roosie", and clads

I wish I had an Auto Syphon when I was a kid...I once swallowed a mouthful of gas while syphoning from a dump truck to get gas to mow lawns, and it was old and extremely disgusting, and just thinking of it gives me the shudders. HH Niffler BTW nice finds!
 
Re: What's an "auto syphon"?...and other finds;14K GP chain, 1947"Roosie", and clads

I am always envious of your hunting grounds.
You find such an array of items from the early 1900's
to the present, and consistently.
Good for you. :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: What's an "auto syphon"?...and other finds;14K GP chain, 1947"Roosie", and clads

cool finds !!! what part of the country do you hunt ?
 
Re: What's an "auto syphon"?...and other finds;14K GP chain, 1947"Roosie", and clads

crackerjohn said:
cool finds !!! what part of the country do you hunt ?
[/quote

:hello:

I hunt along the CT. shoreline

Lorraine
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom