What's new

Whats Best ?

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
4,291
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
What's Best ?

I have a question for all of you dime hunters out there.

What do you get best results with, hand rolled dimes ,or dime boxes ?
 
Upvote 0
Re: What's Best ?

Bags only, here!
 
Re: What's Best ?

depends on your definition of 'best.'

Consistency is in boxes.

Good scores are in hand rolls, although they are fairly consistent.

I'd choose hand rolls over boxes anyday because there's always that chance of the big score!!!
 
Re: What's Best ?

for me I would say boxes, hand rolls are two inconsistent and I've goten over ten silver a few times out of boxes, once 12 merks one regular but test it out for your own area
 
Re: What's Best ?

Having found 4 silvers in my last 57 boxes, I say boxes suck. At least out here.

I had 54 skunks in those 57 boxes. Not good at all.

But hand rolls, I've been pretty lucky. I guess I get them before they go to wherever someone is pulling the silver out.

I think it may be someone at the rolling place. Not a conspiracy or something like that, but maybe one individual who does a great job getting the silver removed form coins that go into the hopper to be rolled and sent back out. There is almost NO silver here in AZ in boxes. OVer and Over I have seen that. Yet in hand rolls and loose coins that tellers have just gotten in and not sent out to the plant yet, I do okay.

And I now focus on pennies, and ask for the hand rolls when I pick up pennies. But 54 of 57 skunks told me to stop doing boxes of halves.
 
Re: What's Best ?

Like everything else, your best bet is to buy them all :thumbsup:
 
Re: What's Best ?

Thanks for your input.
I thimk I'll go with all-bags,handrolled, and boxes.

Rich
 
Re: What's Best ?

Boxes are best for me, did them for a year and averaged 1 per $150. Also pulled 6 Barbers, and over 30 silver Canadians. FFD
 
Re: What's Best ?

For me, hand rolls. I only find one silver every four boxes.
 
Re: What's Best ?

The most I've ever found in a box is 3 or 4 and on average 1.

But doing hand rolls I have found entire rolls of silver 3 times now.

I also find lots of Canadian and penny's in hand rolls and some times they have been several coins short.

And when I return them to my dump bank and run them throuh their machine several will be counted as pennies.

Mojo
 
Re: What's Best ?

I only score 1-2 per box.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom