Whats For Dinner?

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
Re: What's For Dinner?

My turn to cook today, a late dinner that's in the oven now. Whole boneless chicken breasts, I split them
& stuffed them with a package of chopped spinach & a blend of shredded mozzarella & a little cheddar.
Seasoned well & wrapped in bacon strips, sauteed with onions & garlic & mushrooms in a little olive oil &
butter. Removed chicken from pan & added a can of mushrooms & a can of mushroom soup, with a little
milk. Baking now at 350. With a salad & a side of pasta in an olive oil-butter-garlicky sauce. Like any cook,
I've had my share of mistakes, but judging by the smell alone, hopefully this won't be another one.

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool

Tubecity said:
My turn to cook today, a late dinner that's in the oven now. Whole boneless chicken breasts, I split them
& stuffed them with a package of chopped spinach & a blend of shredded mozzarella & a little cheddar.
Seasoned well & wrapped in bacon strips, sauteed with onions & garlic & mushrooms in a little olive oil &
butter. Removed chicken from pan & added a can of mushrooms & a can of mushroom soup, with a little
milk. Baking now at 350. With a salad & a side of pasta in an olive oil-butter-garlicky sauce. Like any cook,
I've had my share of mistakes, but judging by the smell alone, hopefully this won't be another one.

Damnit Tube! Now Im all horny for chicken breast, mushrooms, chopped spinach.........I can smell it! Bet your house smells like heaven right now! :(

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mental Granny said:
Im still finding it hard to cook for 1 !

You have to be kidding me, right :icon_scratch: I've been cooking for myself for the past 20 years and also did all the cooking when I was married. I still make 1/2 leg o lamb with roasted potatoes and Greek stringbeans all the time.. If portions are you problem, cook for a large group and freeze it :icon_thumleft:

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin

Tubecity said:

Having similar tonight, split boneless chicken breast, grilled then set on a toasted Sheboygan hardroll and topped with
American cheese, lettuce etc. Perfect Sunday evening meal when served with baked beans, chips and a pickle. :icon_thumleft:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am trrying to learn I have always had more to cook for! its only been 3 months I'll learn ! :read2:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am an I do have some that I cooked an froze .... like homemade chicken noodles , I want to fix a roast some time this week an it will go in freezer. i had corn beef hash today, went an got a smaller frying pan . Thanks peacock !

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mental Granny said:
I am trrying to learn I have always had more to cook for! its only been 3 months I'll learn ! :read2:

If I understand correctly what you are saying here. Same for me, 8 months, and I still have rum for supper and rum cake for dessert. Not joking on the rum, just on the cake.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am sorry for your loss. Jeff had bought me a bottle of rum about 2 weeks before he died. I am on antibiotics right now so I can't have any ! ;D

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other

I am sorry for your losses also.
Is hard for me also to cook for 1.
Am used to doing alot more.

Was invited to a real fancy restaurant last week.
Had to wear a tie and all.
Am not a salad eater but the one they brought me was Dandelions and flowers with a vinegar dressing. I know hillbillies that don't pay that much for a salad, even if it has a fancy name.
Good thing I didn't have to pay for it.

Grey

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

greydigger said:
I am sorry for your losses also.
Is hard for me also to cook for 1.
Am used to doing alot more.

Was invited to a real fancy restaurant last week.
Had to wear a tie and all.
Am not a salad eater but the one they brought me was Dandelions and flowers with a vinegar dressing. I know hillbillies that don't pay that much for a salad, even if it has a fancy name.
Good thing I didn't have to pay for it.

Grey,

I am an Oregon transplant (Portland,Molalla, Beavercreek, and Hillsboro) to Oklahoma. Those Pacfic NW dandelions are better then the ones here in Oklahoma. Don't know why they used vinegar dressing, the correct way is with honey and a little mustard on the side.

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other

I think a little honey-mustard would have been better also.
As I said, am not much of a salad eater but it tasted like plant leafs to me.
I didn't eat the flowers (sorta purple little things).
Real pretty though.

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero

Fried chicken tonite. :thumbsup:

Tomorrow we all meet up at Mental Grannies house so she can cook for all of us. :wink:

Don't worry Granny, It gets better. Just remember to eat good healthy things. Time heals our wounds, even if we never forget them. :)

We're all here for ya. :icon_thumright:

simonds

Feb 4, 2005
Tioga Co. Pa.

Granny, we are all here for you if you need to talk. My heart goes out to you.

RPG, that chicken sure sounds good to me.
we are having some tough sirloin steak and boiled potatoes

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks guys an any time any one shows up I will fix ya plenty of vittles! PROMISE ! :icon_sunny:

wayne_sa

Jun 30, 2009
san antonio

Your soup recipe looks delicious. If only I could cook. :help:

spartacus53 said:
Since it has been feeling more like fall in the Northeast I had decided to go with a nice bowl of fresh hot tomato soup. This is an easy recipe and you can adjust the portions depending on how many people you are serving.

I'll give you the recipe for one, just multiply it for each additional person

1 cup hot water
3 tbls Heinz Ketchup - or any other preferred brand
stir well

Eat with a spoon - ENJOY

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used

Knorr brand rice sides (cheddar and broccoli), left over grilled chicken, green beens seasoned with goya and buttered BBQ bread toasted. Mmm, Mmm. :)

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used

Turnip greens and cornbread :) with left over grilled chicken. :-\

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Buffalo burgers with homemade fries and buns.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread