Relic Hunting

Attachments

• IMG_4049.jpg
    IMG_4049.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_4048.jpg
    IMG_4048.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 94
Came from a civil war camp and was hoping it was something worth hanging on to.
This is a very unusual relic. Certainly, it was mounted to something, with the back being the top photo below. The two reed-like retaining clips have me baffled. What could have passed through those tiny holes? On the chrome -looking center piece on the front, it looks like there is some lettering. Can you make out what it says?
Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 7.35.26 PM.jpg

Upvote 1
This is a very unusual relic. Certainly, it was mounted to something, with the back being the top photo below. The two reed-like retaining clips have me baffled. What could have passed through those tiny holes? On the chrome -looking center piece on the front, it looks like there is some lettering. Can you make out what it says?View attachment 2118042
I have tried to make out the wording and can not. There is also some side holes. My 1st thought was part of a telegraph but I have been searched that with no luck, To me it's something early and something electrical. Make no mistake tho, it was dug in a field where 11 Civil war buttons were found, including a T.Miller, 4 bayonets and a lot of other CW stuff. This was a camp not just for the war effort but also George Custer's 7th Calvary after the war.

Attachments

• IMG_4072.jpg
    IMG_4072.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4070.jpg
    IMG_4070.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4071.jpg
    IMG_4071.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 11
Upvote 1
I have been looking at a plethora of Civil War era telegraphs, and while I haven't found a piece identical to yours, there are enough similarities to 85% convince me that your relic has a high probability of being just that.

Upvote 0
I have been looking at a plethora of Civil War era telegraphs, and while I haven't found a piece identical to yours, there are enough similarities to 85% convince me that your relic has a high probability of being just that.
Yeahh I agree with you on that. I just want to see it tho.. Thank you for your response

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back