Whats the difference between Whites eclipes coils vs standard coils?

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the difference between Whites eclipes coils vs standard coils?

I have a Whites DFX and have always used the standard circular coils. I bought the detector with two eclipse coils a DD and a deep scan dd 1400. Thought I should give them a try on some of my heavily hunted sites. I have heard pinpointing with the eclipse coils can be more tricky. My question is can anyone tell me how they operate different, how to use them. I will be detecting a farm field that has been gone over well with the standard 8" (I think it is) coil. Any one have any tips would the eclipse coils make much of a difference?

Forgot to mention I also have a Bigfoot. I know its for deeper objects but will it pick up small objects at deeper depth like coins or just larger objects?

Last edited:

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You start out the same as with a round.. left right left right till you get the lowest dept reading and if using VOC the loudest sound.. then you pull the coil towards yourself and watch the depth as soon as it drop, the target is at the front edge of the coil in the center
This page will explain several ways with pictures.
Target Pinpointing Techniques

I would suggest going to page one of the 20 page article and reading it all, it was very very helpful in many ways and will answer All of your questions in detail with picutres
It starts here.
Search Coils 101

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread