notthetreasureyouseek
Greenie
- Joined
- May 31, 2014
- Messages
- 17
- Reaction score
- 21
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
My 90 year old grandmother



ok I will give you 3 items that I have found...#1 bison skull @ 2500 to 3500 years old according to an expert... #2 arrow heads...unknown... #3 1874 mrs. stewarts bluing bottle Faribault, mn.I'm not trying to scare anybody, but I've done minor research into the wisconsin laws on metal detecting and maritime laws etc... Anything below water line from what I can gather is off limits period and anything found on land in either a historically known site or dated to be over 100 years old be it coin, arrow head, old piece of junk is considered under federal law to be an "artifact" and illegal to dig and/or possess. Now my question is....
Has anybody ever encountered an ill situation regarding anything of these sorts? I've done my share of digging and have always wondered if this coin will be my night in jail or cost my life savings.
Any opinions, advice or increased/ better understanding of the laws let me know; I'm trying to get a clearer understanding on this to enhance my hunting.
My most unusual object would have to be this....View attachment 980306 View attachment 980307 35 lb Copper Nugget............ Its an Ugly spud..
I'm guessing off the craft's inner core 
I was digging yesterday and dug up my dead hamster that i buried abot a year ago. I didn't see it though he was in a margerine tub!
He must have been wearing one of those tiny bells around his neck when you buried him that set off your detector. May he R.I.PThat is pretty funny
