What's new

Whats this rock for?

BosnMate

Gold Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2010
Messages
6,942
Reaction score
8,441
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
What's this rock for?

I've been told or read where this type of rock was used to heat water in a basket for cooking. There is the same depression on each side and sticks were use to fish it out of the fire and drop into a basket of water. Seems to me like a lot of work just to make a heating element? my collection8.webpmy collection8A.webpmy collection8B.webp
 
Upvote 0
If I found the top one I would be calling it a discoidal since it's fairly round and dimpled on both sides.
 
Looks the same. Wear could have been from being used so much. A site I am looking at could have been used as a camp, or a long term shelter...I'll keep my eyes open..
 
Mine was actually found while beach hunting.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom