Whats Your Favorite Pack Stove ? Heres Mine !

Ratman

Jul 2, 2007
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's Your Favorite Pack Stove ? Here's Mine !

My trusty Svea 123R with Sigg Tourist cook set . Everything you need in one cook kit and it all fits inside it self . I also have a regular Svea 123 (original first model) with Sigg Tourist cook set as a back up . These have become a real collectors item over the years can be very pricey on the net . So lets see what everyone else uses and post up some pics so we can see them . Enjoy the pics ... :icon_thumright:

HH
Mike :icon_pirat:

Attachments

• IMG_0429.JPG
    IMG_0429.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 526
  • IMG_0430.JPG
    IMG_0430.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 508
  • IMG_0431.JPG
    IMG_0431.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 503

WishfulThinker

Jan 10, 2009
Houston, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: What's Your Favorite Pack Stove ? Here's Mine !

Camp Stoves have come a long way since the old days .. newer units with ripple bottom pans use much less fuel, but cost a small fortune. Check out REI - Recreational Equipment Inc.

OP
OP
Ratman

Ratman

Jul 2, 2007
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: What's Your Favorite Pack Stove ? Here's Mine !

Yep my Svea 123 really sucks up the fuel (white gas) . I get about 55 minutes of burn time on a full tank but that's expected from a roarer burner . I've checked out REI and like what I see . I think the MSR stoves would be a good choice and the idea that they use multiple types of fuel is a bonus .

HH
Mike

two bear

Dec 14, 2013
Smoky Mtns of east Tn
Detector(s) used
Whites metal detectors
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used the Snow Peak stove for 5 years now and love it. It comes in a small container about 4" long and 2" wide. It will fit inside a Titanium coffee cup and I can use a canister of gas for several trips before it expires. Sorry, can't post picture yet.

Sand-duner

Nov 24, 2009
Sequim, WA
Detector(s) used
BH Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use a Crux Lite foldout pocket stove. Comes with a little neoprene holder that stores the whole thing in the recess in the bottom of a fuel canister, boils water super quick and only cost about 40$. A small, I think 4oz, canister of fuel will last about 90 minutes at wide open, and it'll burn like a jet engine on full blast.

Grubartez

Tenderfoot
Jan 12, 2014
Pink Hill, NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I use a fancee feast cat food can stove that I made myself. It is a wick stove and burns denatured alcohol. Super easy to make and super light. I use it mainly in the mornings for coffee. For cooking and evening meals, I use a TATO Element Titanium wood stove. Only weighs 4.8 oz.

Ammonhotep

Apr 21, 2012
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Lone Star, baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The MSR Reactor can't be beat.

Super light and packs small. Puts out fast and efficient heat. Boils one liter in 2.5 minutes, and 22 liters on a single 8 oz fuel canister. Altitude? Wind? Cold? Rain/snow? No problem!

I inaugurated it on a snow-caving trip high in the Rockies and have never regretted buying the best.

Last edited:

Follows Camp Craig

Dec 1, 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Team Keene Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The M 1950 stove.

It looked like something that could have landed on the moon.
I force fed that poor thing just about everything flammable,
white gas, Mogas, diesel.

After it died, I replaced it with a MSR Whisperlite.

Sadly it wasn't the same without the three foot flames getting things up to temp.

JKJames

Jul 12, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the Esbit 5 piece cookset with alcohol stove. Very light weight for back-packing, Quick setup and multi-fuel. I compared many camping stoves. And this stove is very easy to use, and the fuel is cheap and easy to carry on for short term camping.

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got several Optimus, primus, svea, and a Radius #21 & a #43. Optimus #99 with a silent custom cap is my current fav.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
made my own alcohol stove out of soda cans, and a coffee can shield/pot stand. Super lightweight, and works great for everything but winter. Then I use one of the white gas stoves.

bologna321

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2017
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
MSR Whisperlite International or MSR pocket rocket

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions