Whats your thoughts about this?

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
You will not be able to buy an ounce of physical gold for $750 ever again. Paper gold, who knows?

Just my opinion.

Jim

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I came across this

Gold Will Fall to $750 in a Year, Says Rodney Johnson. (Who?)

Gold Will Fall to $750 in a Year, Says Rodney Johnson. (Who?)
Gary North - February 11, 2013
Printer-Friendly Format

I had never heard of Rodney Johnson a week ago. But then I came across an advertisement link: "Gold will fall to $750."

I am always interested in ads. Financial ads sell either greed or fear. This was a classic fear headline. I clicked. Here is what I read.

Gold Up or Gold Down?

Why The Gold Price Will Fall to $750

By Rodney Johnson, Editor of Survive & Prosper

At that point, it was time to do some research. What is Survive & Prosper? How could I find out?

I searched for "Survive & Prosper." I got to a website: Survive & Prosper | Dow Drops to 3300 | Demographic Trends | Deflation. I did a cut & paste. Then I went to Alexa - The Web Information Company, a website ranking service. The larger the number, the lower the ranking. My GaryNorth.com site is ranked in the high 40,000s. My Tea Party Economist site is ranked in the mid-60,000s.

Survive-Prosper.com is in the mid-400,000s.

Then I searched for "Rodney Johnson" and "Amazon." I wanted to know if he had written a book on gold. He hadn't. He co-authored a book (as subordinate author) on the coming crash. The main author was Harry Dent.

We all recall Harry Dent. He is better known as Harry "Dow 40,000" Dent. We read on Wikipedia:

In 2000, based on his forecast that economic growth would continue throughout the 2000s, Dent predicted that the DOW would reach 40k, a prediction which was repeated in his 2004 book. In his book, he also predicted the NASDAQ would reach 13-20k. In late 2006 he revised his forecasts to much lower levels, estimating the Dow would reach 16-18k and the NASDAQ 3-4k. In January 2006, he predicted that the DOW would reach 14-15k by the end of the year. It ended 2006 at 12,463, 11% below the lower end of his prediction. It ended 2007 at 13,264, again significantly lower than Dent's revised prediction of 15,000 by early 2008. Since then, the Dow crossed 14,000 in late 2007 before retreating.

Dent popularized the baby boomer spending wave theory. According to him, after baby-boomers' children leave home, they begin paying down debt and saving for retirement, which means spending less. That means the stock-market would have plateaued between 2007 and 2009, and remain basically flat through the fourth quarter of 2011.

So, he made his prediction based on demographics. A booming Dow was a sure thing. He wrote book after book on this. Demography is destiny.

He got his head handed to him in 2009. So, in 2011, he began to re-position himself. He is now Harry "The Coming Crash" Dent. He got Rodney Johnson to help him. They now run Survive-Prosper.com.

On the ad's page, we read that Mr. Dent is Editor-in-Chief. We also read this:

Harry identifies and studies demographic, technological and consumer trends so he can accurately forecast economic changes. He regularly speaks to executives, financial advisors and investors around the world, has appeared on "Good Morning America," PBS, CNBC and CNN/FN, has been featured in Barron's, Investor's Business Daily, Entrepreneur, Fortune, Success, U.S. News and World Report, Business Week, The Wall Street Journal, American Demographics and Omni, and is a regular guest on Fox Business's "America's Nightly Scorecard." Harry has written numerous books including The Great Boom Ahead (1992) and The Great Crash Ahead (2011).

It should have added: "And he is a world-renowned expert in image re-positioning."

We learn that Rodney Johnson is Editor. We are told this:

Rodney works closely with Harry to study how people spend money as they go through predictable stages of life, how that spending drives our economy and how readers can use this information to invest successfully in any market. Rodney began his career in financial services on Wall Street in the 1980s with Thomson McKinnon and then Prudential Securities. He started working on projects with Harry in the mid-1990s. He's a regular guest on several radio programs and is featured on television where he discusses economic trends ranging from the price of oil to the direction of the U.S. economy.

It might have added: "He has never written a book on the gold market."

Mr. Johnson's ad says this.

Ultimately, the question is: what is gold worth?

What should the price of gold be?

Typically, the answer is given in terms of a currency. An ounce of gold is worth so many dollars or euros. The gold spot price is delivered in dollars. But how do you know that the gold price is a true reflection of the value of the precious metal?

If price is not the indicator, I don't know what else might be. He does not tell us. He asks what the price will be in a year.

He tells us: "It's not gold up all of the time. It's not gold down all of the time." A profound insight, and unquestionably true. But it does not answer the question: What will the price be in a year?

Keep reading.

By the way, the ad is not dated. Ads usually aren't. But this raises a question: "A year from when?"

In the current economic climate, which we call the Economic Winter Season, the gold price has risen sharply in response to fears about economic collapse. Along the way we've seen central banks take extraordinary measures to pump up financial systems while private and public debtors collapse their credit (think mortgage write-downs, credit card charge-offs, GM bankruptcy and Greek debt cram-down). These opposing forces keep fighting over the direction of overall money and credit.

At the same time, the fear trade is long in the tooth. This doesn't mean investors no longer fear economic collapse or upheaval. It just means we've lived with it for some time. It's become normal.

So this leaves us with the mushy middle. We see the price of gold rising. Then we see the price of gold falling. Gold up. Gold down. Gold sideways.

An ad must never be mushy. It must exude confidence.

The current gold price is around $1,700 an ounce now, having visited just over $1,900 and dropping back down to near $1,500. So what's next?

Our view is that while it could be up near $1,800 in the short term, the next move is gold down… We're thinking gold $750.

The reason?

A debt implosion that sends credit falling in on itself, and a corresponding spike in the U.S. dollar. This would likely happen in 2013 as the euro zone finally gives up the ghost and the U.S. recognizes the extent of the continued housing debacle.

What this means for gold bugs is continued frustration at the lack of respect the barbaric relic receives. For gold-haters it means continuing to deal with invitations to attend "sell your gold" parties… and enduring the ads on TV that show how gold owners have out-earned equity markets by many times over in the last decade.

Our call? In the next few months we'll see gold up. By next year, we'll see gold down… to $750.

The debt implosion became visible in 2008. That was over four years ago. Why is it a major factor now? What's different now?

He does not say.

The time has come to sell gold, not buy gold, particularly in your speculative. When we see gold falling, on its way to gold $750, it will be lucrative to go short the precious metal. When gold hits one of two levels, you'll know it's time. And as a subscriber to the free eletter, Survive & Prosper, we'll tell you when gold price has hit one of those levels and it's time to act…

Here is the sales pitch.

One of the Greatest Investment Opportunity of Our Lifetimes!

Our mission at Survive & Prosper is to empower you to see ahead of the curve so that you can not only survive during the great gold $750 crash ahead, but prosper as well. The only way to do this is to show you what no one else is paying attention to… predictable, profitable trends.

We look ahead for things the average investor just can't see… the next Harley Davidson's and Microsoft's… the best times to buy gold and sell gold and be in real estate. When to get into Dow stocks and when to get out.

Subscribe to Survive & Prosper and discover what most investors will never know about making money. Plus, you'll get instant access to my FREE, eye-opening report called "Gold Will Fall to $750/oz." Inside, we'll show you how it will all unfold... how you can be one of the few to sidestep the carnage as we head towards gold $750.

It does not matter what the editors' mission is. The question is: What evidence is there that the editors can predict anything accurately?

Dent is famous for "Dow 40,000." He is famous for nothing else.

But that's only the beginning:

Five days a week you'll get your Survive & Prosper eletter. It's the first letter of its kind to accurately predict the future (check it out and see for yourself). We believe that knowing what consumers are going to buy next… or what they'll stop buying soon… is the best way to protect your portfolio and maximize your investments.

The first. I see. I can get in on the ground floor.

It ends with this: "Are you prepared for gold $750?"

No, I'm not.

When you write an ad, few people will see it. But if gold is nowhere near $750 in early 2014, Mr. Dent would be wise to blip this ad.

If he does, Google can always find this pag

OP
OP
billjustbill

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep reading that physical gold can't be found without a huge premium on the front end. I read an article where one fellow walked the stores in Las Vegas and couldn't buy a gold coin for under $2,000. If it's $750, it makes me wonder what has happened with the economy and what food and materials are selling for.

So, if you sell your gold and silver, what do you do with the money? I need some ideas.

If the paper dollar crashes to 50% of what it is now, gold and silver seem to be the ones that preserve a working guy's "wealth".... So, metals and barter items seem to be the only things to buy now...

If one doesn't keep some part of a year's income in gold and silver, how do you pay your taxes if the economy crashes? You could lose your car or home to the Tax Man and his circling band of vultures that will be there to buy your home for dimes on the dollar....

I don't have the answers, but without food, ammo, water, and metals, it seems a guy and his family is dead in the water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread