What's new

Wheat field, crotal bell, and some other goodies.

Johncoho

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2014
Messages
2,862
Reaction score
7,292
Golden Thread
0
Location
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was able to get to a new permission for a five hour hunt. I found 18 wheat pennies from 1916 to 1953, but not a single silver and I went low and slow. I expected to start finding silver with all the old wheats but it was not to be. It seems this place may have been cherry picked at one time. Didn't find much clad either, but did find part of a Junior Fire Chief badge, a nice crotal bell, an old shotgun shell head, and some kind of a plaque that I have no idea what it was used for. The plaque has on it "Guyer from Wheeling West Virginia to N.Y.C" Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Happy hunting and keep on swinging. IMG_0318.webpIMG_0319.webpIMG_0320.webpIMG_0321.webpIMG_0322.webpIMG_0323.webpIMG_0324.webpIMG_0325.webp
 
Upvote 12
Man, you KILLED it! What kind of detector are you using?
 
That is a great hunt Good job!!!!!!
 
I always like finding the crotal bells. They always make for a good hunt. Congrats.
 
I love Bells and anything with an eagle, so I say you did very well.
 
time to make a pizza, no wheat shortage. the bell is unlike any I have dug, rivet top brass with open bottom---neat :--)
 
Awesome coin hunt and crotal bell find! :occasion14:
 
Nice bell and that eagle plaque is cool.
 
You're right I believe that place had been picked clean of high tones. My best guess on the Wheeling to NYC item is that it's a bus driver's badge. Great job finding all those goodies.
 
Congrats on the wheat harvest and the crotal bell. :occasion14: Not all sites hold silvers. Some people only gave their kids pennies, thus you only dig pennies.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom