Wheat pennies

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Got 10 rolls ($5) of pennies today at the bank, in total i found 2 wheat pennies (1944 &1947) and 2 1959 memorial cents. I also found 3 canadian cents, one was made in 1959. While visiting all 9 banks in our small town center by bike i picked up a few halfs, found nothing special. Also i was asking for larger old dollar coins, i recieved one 1976 IKE dollar. Went back for more pennnies but all they had were new ones! Was tired of the heat so will try again tommarow. (the weather forcast for the next 10 days is "scattered strong thunderstorms"). Maybe my mom can drive me there. :) After all the rain i plan to detect my entire yard over again, 5 inches of rain is expected. I have alot of half dollars and sacagawea dollars i have been saving for the past 2 months, believe it or not im actually considering burrying them in a coffee can in our yard, that way in 10 or 20 years i can come back and find it...lol... ;D

Upvote 0

allsmith

Jun 1, 2006
north cental ohio
coolcash it sounds like your having a lot of fun with coins,,thats cool,, will the banks sell you the change from there change counter or is that what u been gettin,, i was thinking about doing that,,,bury them coins,, just put them in someting that wont rust ;D,, dude get that 250 of yours and try to hit some old houses,, once you start finding some old coins [1800,s] there will be no stopping you, you'll be hooked for life ;D :D ;D :D good luck huntin!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread